BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, April 9, 2010

kids getting "Growed up"

I know I know "Growed up" was just a funny I said, not to worry my children won't be illiterate because I wrote in a post "Growed up". Now on to my post.
Most of the time I don't feel old enough to have a daughter who is a grown up. She is only 19 but out on her own and grabbing hold of life and making it what she wants. She is doing really well at her job, it appears she will be up for a management position next year and they are giving her more responisbility. She has been given the responsibility of taking over for the bookeeper while she goes on a 2 week vacation. They are teaching her the 10 key and she will have to do payroll etc. She is very excited to say the least. That kid absorbs everything really fast so I have no worries. She is definetly a lifetime learner she never wants to stop learning. Everytime something new comes across her she finds a book about it gets to work learning all she can about it. This makes me happy. Then they decided to give her another task this last Tuesday. They wanted her to help with the monthly radio spot on our local radio broadcast on 102.9 rocks. I was nervous for her. I went out to the car at 8am Tuesday morning to listen to her ( There was silence in the car hahahaha) She did amazing, never faultered. She did 3 5 minute sets with the co-director. She was clear and concise. When she was done I turned off the car and sat there for a moment, I came to realize that she was "Growed up". I felt my age for a moment, Yuck. Feeling my age was quickly gone when I went back in the house and danced around the livingroom to Imagination Movers on disney channel with my 2 year old. I have decided I must lead 2 lives. I must be "Growed up" too for my 19 year old, Then I can live in total denial for the rest of the time and be a big kid. Yeahhhh. I refuse to grow up too much, What fun is that??? Get out there and dance with your babies and have some fun, there is still plenty of time before they are all "Growed up" and you will have no choice to be a big people. Have fun being young, Michelle

1 comments:

Jessica said...

I agree that toddlers keep you feeling young. It's my only excuse to run around the house like a crazy woman making silly faces and singing stupid songs!